SGSS Parent Support Group (PSG)
Welcome to SGSS Parent Support Group.
Formed in January 2001, our PSG works in partnership with the school towards a common goal of helping each child achieve their best. We meet regularly at least once a month for discussions on program and events that promote home-school-community activities. These include talks, outdoor events, bazaars and lots more.
The PSG of St. Gabriel's Secondary School was setup with the long-term on-going perspective of a tripartite relationship with the school, parents and pupils.
- Serving with Pride and Joy
- To provide a platform for partnership amongst school, parents and students.
- Promote parental involvement with the school and its programmes by raising awareness of school events and activities to parents.
- Support the school and its programmes
- Build a better rapport with our children in their growing years by being active participating parents
- Encourage parents to share their expertise and resources for the benefit of the school community
- Foster a healthy home-school link
- Provide a feedback channel for the school
- Respect and recognise that the Principal is ultimately responsible to the school
- Exercise integrity at all times
- Set examples by being good role model for our children
- Put the interest of the group above self interest
- Encourage involvement of all PSG members
- Commit to the cause of the school
- Treat fellow parents, staff and students fairly and with empathy
Volunteer – Be a Member
Serving with Pride and Joy
Since its formation, PSG has been promoting parental involvement with the school and its programmes to foster a home-school partnership and build a better rapport with our children in their growing years by being active participating parents.
Every Parent a Supportive Partner
The PSG provides an environment where members come from varied backgrounds and possess wide ranging skills and experiences, this creating a valuable network of links for the benefit of the school, families and students.
A Voice for Parents
In the course of active collaboration with the school through the activities of PSG, members are encouraged to provide regular feedback and suggestions, resulting in confidence and trust in the home-school relationship.
Message from PSG Chairperson and Welcome Video
Join us and be part of the Village.
Fill up the form via the link https://forms.gle/BbsywfFNNXWXSPoL9 or use QR code below
If you have any questions or feedback to share, do drop us an e-mail. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org